How to get here
Tesoro Verde is situated on the northwestern end of Corcovado National Park on the Osa Peninsula in southern Costa Rica.
Depending on your Budget and Time you can reach us by the following ways:
- Airplane – there are daily flights from San Jose to Drake Bay Airport, provided by Nature Air and Sansa. Keep in mind that the airport is arround 10km from Tesoro Verde. A pick up will be arranged if you book or call in advance. Around 40 minutes Flight time.
- Public Transport – From San Jose there are daily Buses (Tracopa Company) to the town of Palmar Norte, once arrived you can take a collective taxi or a bus to the town of Sierpe where boats leave daily to Drake Bay (Agujitas) where we will arrange a pick up for you. Note: Boats leave Sierpe twice daily at 11.30 and 3.30 pm plan your travel accordingly. Time from San Jose to Drake around 8 hrs.
- If you are coming from Pt.Jimenez on the Osa Peninsula there is a Bus twice everyday leaving the town of La Palma around 11 am and 4 pm. You can also wait at Rincon before the bridge. The Bus takes arround 2 hours.
- Automobile : If you have a rent a car that is not 4×4 please drive to the town of Sierpe where you can park it at Las Vegas Restaurant and then take the Boat to Drake. Don’t even try driving to Drake with a automobile!
- Car 4×4 – If you like driving and some offroad challenge you can ride all the way to Los Planes and Tesoro Verde. On the Interamerican Highway leave the Road at the Gas Station in Chacarita (fill your tank!) and drive towards Pt.Jimenez. Before you pass the first Bridge at Rincon turn right and follow the signs: PARQUE NACIONAL CORCOVADO ESTACION LOS PLANES. Be aware that you have to cross several rivers, if you are not sure, before you drive wade through and check the depth! Also rivers grow fast so in the rainy season you might get stuck for a while in Drake. Call before to ask for conditions. Once in Agujitas (Drake) keep following the Los Planes signs for 5 km and you will reach Tesoro Verde.
In any case we are glad to help you making your traveling experience as save and enjoyable as posible, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions, we are glad to help.
If you call we can also arrange a pick up for you!
At the current state there are no public buses to Los Planes, just to Agujitas which is around a 1 hr walk from Tesoro Verde. If you are on your own you can try and hitch a ride or gather some people and pay a collective taxi together.